Saturday, May 20, 2006

With the Memphis Blues Again

The semester's over now. I have things to do soon. I have to go back down to New Jersey to be near Rachel and to work in the deli. I have to search desperately for somebody with a kid that needs a tutor that needs money. I have to register for the second NYS teacher certification exam. I need to take the second teacher certification exam. I have to read a whole bunch of stuff about deception, written by a professor/psychologist that I'll be doing research with in the Fall. I have to continue my series of bitter e-mails to a retarded professor that likes to give unfair grades.

Boring. This is exactly why I don't post about these things. Not because it's boring to read, although it is. But because it's boring to write. This is supposed to be fun. I have a boring enough time actually living this stuff out (except for the being near Rachel part, that much I like), sitting down and writing about it only adds a dimension to the ennui.

Two more things. I saw an old friend today, one I haven't seen in about three years. He was ok. It's good to find out people are alive. It's even better to find out people are alive and well, but I won't push it.

I'm ecstatic about God responding to my invitation. I mean, it's God, c'mon. He's like ridiculously smart, so it's a bit intimidating, and there are probably a lot of topics I won't feel comfortable addressing with Him here. In blogging, and life, there are many things better left to Him. My favorite part of this arrangement is that (hopefully) He'll respond to stuff here too. Answer questions and things. I have plenty of thoughts on His material, much of which I've talked about (and will talk about) here. But how often do I get a chance to know His take on what I do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home